Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thank you Kelty!


At The Farm School, all of us students are given some time over the spring and summer to work on our own projects on subjects of our choosing.  I decided for my project I wanted to see if it was possible to create a small business out of selling my animal sculptures.  Luckily, my friend Kelty happens to be a professional artist and graphic designer and all around creative genius.  She generously offered to mentor me and help create my website in exchange for some pet portraits.  In addition to this blog site, you can see the  beautiful website she designed for me at the "portfolio" link on this page.  I just wanted to thank Kelty right off the bat for making all of this possible.   If I go anywhere as a professional artist, I pretty much owe it all to her.

Below is the banner for the Stanford Women's Water Polo website, one of the many that Kelty has designed.  How awesome is that photo?!

 and some of Kelty's many beautiful postcard designs

Check out Kelty's website: steepstreet.com for more of her incredible work.

1 comment:

  1. Kiyoshi, you're too silly. I've never had a whole post dedicated to me and am all flushed and grinny. You don't owe me anything and it has been such an incredible opportunity to see your sculptures get (shockingly, as in, how's that possible?!) better every single time a new one is made. I love that you have found this incredible skill that honestly appeals to every kind of person and never fails to amaze and inspire. Thank you for letting me be a part of it!

    xo Kelty

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin